Monday, May 5, 2008

My baby weighs what???


Daddy Sibert & I went to our 3rd trimester screening on Friday. As you can see by the latest picture from our 30 week Dr. visit, baby Sibert really looks like a baby!! It was so exciting making out his little face. Seeing he has chub on his cheeks already! Our neighbor Catherine explained to us that the babies always look like the daddy's at first because they need to instantly fall in love with them....well, in looking at these pics, you will see that, yes indeed, he will resemble his papa:)


After seeing his cute face, the doctor announces the baby weighs 4&1/2 lbs. already. As my OB had explained in the weeks prior, he is two weeks ahead of growth schedule. His femur is of course very long...surprise! surprise!? I began doing the math immediately...I have 10 weeks left, he will gain 1/2lb a week for the duration of the pregnancy....meaning I could possibly give birth to a 9&1/2 lb. child....YIKES!!! In chatting with my friend Jen, who delivered an 8&1/2 pounder with NO EPIDURAL(GO JEN!), she has complete faith I will be fine...sorry Jen, I am not convinced:) Well, I just had to share this thought with all of you and let you know how things are going. My mother and sisters and sister in-law threw me a shower on Sunday....more info on that later.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We think Baby Sibert is just perfect... maybe he will make an early appearance to meet us all!!
love to you both and baby too!!